How to Get Rid of Cockroaches in Phoenix, AZ
We’re Answering Your Questions about Cockroach Control
No one wants uninvited houseguests, especially if they are bugs that threaten your family’s health. Unfortunately, cockroaches are not only a nuisance, but they can also carry disease, bringing illnesses into your home. If you’ve seen a roach in your home, there are likely more hiding out of sight, and you may be wondering how to get rid of cockroaches. If you’re in Phoenix, AZ IPM Intelligent Pest Management is here to help you combat and eliminate cockroaches at your home. With years of experience controlling pests, we have the knowledge and tools to help you remove your unwanted house guests. We’ve put together a list of common questions surrounding cockroach infestations and are providing you with the answers. Please reach out o us if you have any additional questions.
What Are Cockroaches?
We all know cockroaches are a type of insect. In fact, they are from the same order as termites. There are thousands of species of roaches, but only a handful are found in human environments and are considered pests. Cockroaches are incredibly hardy insects and can survive in both extremely hot and cold climates. In Arizona, there are five common species of cockroaches that cause a nuisance for home and business owners alike. Luckily, our team knows the best approach to eliminate each type of roach. The common types of cockroaches we have in Arizona include:
- Brownbanded Cockroaches: This type of roach thrives in warm, dry environments and only build their nests indoors, usually in high places. They are often brought into buildings inside moving boxes or on furniture.
- Oriental Cockroaches: This species of roach likes to be in wet and cool environments indoors, often making their homes in basements near pipes and drains or wall voids in bathrooms.
- American Cockroaches: The American cockroach also likes to live in wet or cool environments, but usually remain outside. However, they can enter buildings through drains or foundations.
- German Cockroaches: This type of roach often lives inside buildings in warm wet areas and may be found in the cracks or crevices of kitchens or bathrooms or around appliances. They can be brought into homes in moving boxes, appliances, or electronics.
- Turkestan Cockroaches: This is primarily an outdoor species of cockroach. However, the males are strongly attracted to light when it is dark, which draws them inside at night.
How Do Cockroaches Get into My Home?
Cockroaches are masters at finding their way indoors undetected. They can enter your home through tiny cracks, holes, and spaces within the walls, the foundation, or around windows and doors. Even though some cockroaches are rather large, they can squeeze through spaces as small as one-sixteenth of an inch. For reference, that’s about the width of a credit card. They can also catch a ride into your home inside boxes, or on furniture and electronic equipment.
How Do I Know if I Have a Cockroach Infestation?
If you have cockroaches in your home, you want to take care of the problem as soon as possible. That’s why early identification of an infestation is so important. Our team is here to give you the information you need to protect your home, so you don’t overlook a problem and allow it to become worse. Be sure to look for warning signs. You may have a cockroach infestation if:
- You’ve seen cockroaches during the day
- Your home has a musty or oily odor
- You have found dead cockroaches or cast skins inside your home
- You’ve seen cockroach feces in your home
- You’ve noticed oval-shaped egg cases inside your home
How Do I Get Rid of Cockroaches?
Getting rid of cockroaches is no easy feat, as they are very hardy insects, can easily hide, and multiply quickly. Though some home or business owners restore to store-bought chemicals they apply themselves, the best way to eradicate cockroaches is with professional help. IPM Intelligent Pest Management is the team you want on your side when combatting roaches at your property. We know about the varying species of cockroaches property owners face in Phoenix, AZ and the proper ways to address each one.
What Does Your Company Do to Eliminate Cockroaches?
Because cockroaches are notoriously hard to get rid of, an infestation usually requires the assistance of a professional pest control company. Our company has the right knowledge and tools to take care of your roach infestation. We use a range of humane and environmentally-friendly methods in all of our pest control services, ensuring your home is completely rid of any unwanted insects.
Is There Something I Can Do to Prevent Future Infestations?
While a lack of cleanliness is not necessarily the cause of cockroach infestations, it does play a role. Having a messy home or business also makes it more challenging to spot infestations and gives roaches more places to hide. There are some precautions you can take to help prevent infestations. Be sure to seal all food items, like cereals, crackers, pasta, and pet food in airtight containers. You should also reduce clutter and remove old cardboard boxes, repair water leaks, and seal around drains.
Contact Us Today
If you have additional questions about how we can help you eliminate a cockroach infestation at your home or business, we encourage you to reach out to us today. We will be able to answer any questions and schedule a consultation at your property to assess the issue. Contact us right away to ensure your home is protected.
Why Choose Us?
- Se Habla Español
- Free Inspections
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- Licensed, Insured and Bonded
- Family Owned and Operated
- Environmentally Safe Products